Location: Vancouver, BC
Faber Connect is a marketplace connecting construction companies to local construction workers looking for temporary or full-time work. Join us as we pursue our vision to disrupt the $1 trillion construction labour market.
Faber is looking for hungry, ambitious, and talented individuals looking to take on an exciting challenge and join a fast growing construction technology start-up. Faber’s Corporate Accountant is a critical part of the finance team and will help devise the finance strategy. Exceptional performers will have significant opportunity for advancement within the department.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Team first attitude – you will work closely with the team to add to Faber’s growth.
- Critical thinking skills – we are still in early stages of our growth and are looking for individuals who can review and understand our company processes and make recommendations for improvement.
- Attention to detail – you will be working closely with the Controller to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of financial information.
- Ability to think outside the box – we do not have a standard template for this role. You will need to apply your business acumen to develop KPIs most relevant to Faber and track those over time to assess the impact.
- Communication – you will be working cross functionally with members from the organization to deliver value.
- Challenge yourself and have a lot of fun with amazing colleagues.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
- Work closely with our clients to develop relationships with key personnel and manage the accounts receivable process
- Collaborate with sales and sales operations about customer billings to optimize invoice issuance
- Oversee payouts to Faber’s contractors and ensure payments are made on a timely basis and are made accurately
- Work with the Controller to prepare month-end financial statements and review financial results by analyzing month over month variances
- Prepare and maintain cash flow forecasts and provide recommendations for better cash flow management
- Record vendor invoices and process payments in CAD and USD via ACH, and wires
- Assist with compliance matters related to both Canadian and US taxes
- Work with external accountants to complete financial year-ends
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- CPA student or CPA student nearing completion
- Strong MS office skills, especially using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience using QuickBooks is preferred
COMP, BENEFITS, & PERKS
- The opportunity to work with a talented team at a fast-growing startup backed by top silicon valley investors
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn, an opportunity for growth and mentorship
- Paid Vacation
- Flexible work hours
- Dental & Health Insurance
- Gym, phone and transit costs subsidized
- Amazing & complimentary lunch every Friday
- Quarterly Team off-site activities