Location: Vancouver, BC
Faber Connect is a VC-backed marketplace connecting construction companies to local construction workers looking for temporary or full-time work. Join us as we pursue our vision to disrupt the $1 trillion construction labour market.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Faber Connect is looking for a highly motivated co-op student to join our team. As a co-op student, you will work on real projects and have an opportunity to enjoy our dynamic, startup-like environment. The ideal candidate should have a strong passion for all things UX.
As a UX researcher, you will help identify new opportunity areas, test concepts as they are being developed, and evaluate products once they’ve rolled out. User testing will be conducted on prototypes, as well as the current versions of our apps.
This role will also include conducting (in-person and remote) interviews with users/personas from both sides of our marketplace (construction companies and construction workers) in order to gain a better understanding of user needs, behaviours, and attitudes.
WHAT WE NEED YOUR HELP WITH
- Review industry standards and bring innovative ways to improve our user experience
- Produce clear documentation and reasoning behind why your research will improve our current solutions in order to help guide product decisions and design improvements
- Document and reproduce reported issues with our web and mobile apps
- Gather user research through surveys, interviews, QA and customer service feedback to find the pain points our users are experiencing
- Design and conduct studies across important product areas, using methods such as field research, surveys, user/usability testing and more
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Strong analytical and methodical problem-solving skills
- Experience researching the end-to-end user experience
- Experience conducting research, using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Excitement for learning about new systems and technologies
- Passion for turning complex scenarios into simple solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy working well with others in a fast-paced environment
COMP, BENEFITS, & PERKS
- The opportunity to work with a talented team at a fast-growing startup backed by top silicon valley investors.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn, an opportunity for growth and mentorship
- Competitive compensation
- Paid Vacation
- Flexible work hours
- Dental & Health Insurance
- Gym reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Transit reimbursement
- Amazing & complimentary lunch every Friday