As of now we are entering Phase 2 of BC’s Restart Plan. The province’s progress in the fight against COVID-19 is a direct result of the sacrifices and decisions that we have all made.
At Faber Connect, the health and safety of workers and clients are a top priority. This means following health and safety guidelines set by the BC Government, WorkSafeBC, and the World Health Organization. With the direction of our government and health officials, we are focused on continuing to operate safely during these times. Here’s how our team is following safety guidelines recommended by local health officials.
BC Government and WorkSafeBC Plans
In accordance with the BC Restart Plan, the construction industry is deemed as an essential service. From the start of Phase 1, our operations were adjusted to ensure all workers and clients were following health and safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. As we slowly progress through each Phase (1 to 4), our team coordinates with all clients and workers to ensure we are following alongside each step of the government’s phased Restart Plan.
The WorkSafeBC Construction Guidelines for COVID-19 safety has set clear safety standards for all construction companies within BC. Faber Connect will only work with companies that have clear procedures for keeping all workers safe on job sites.
This includes making sure clients and job sites follow each of the points below:
- Implemented a policy requiring anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 to self-isolate at home for at least 10 days
- A distance of two metres between workers wherever possible is maintained, and whether adaptations in the workplace have to be made to make this happen
- Policies that ensure no more than 50 people are in the same space
- Providing adequate hand-washing facilities on site for all workers and ensuring their location is visible and easily accessed
- Provide and maintain adequate washroom facilities as required by WorkSafeBC Regulation 4.85
- Regularly clean all common areas and surfaces. Includes washrooms, shared offices, common tables, desks, light switches and door handles
How we are keeping workers safe
We continue to encourage all workers are following the safety measures set by the BC Government and WorkSafeBC. We ask workers to reduce the risk of themselves and family members being exposed to COVID-19 by following health and safety guidelines. This includes but is not limited to the points below.
- Stay home if you feel unsafe working on a job site
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Practice social distancing and avoid contact with anyone who is showing signs of illness
- Avoid touching your face unnecessarily
- If you start developing flu-like symptoms, please stay home and follow BC CDC instructions
- If you see a job site is not following safety protocols and you feel unsafe, let us know and our team will be in contact to help you
We ask all Faber Work users to communicate with our team, and we proactively keep track of each job site workers has been on for contact tracing purposes. The support team is easily accessible via our Faber Work app or hotline (1-888-366-9675) so workers can keep us updated on their health status before working on a Faber work order.
How we are keeping clients safe
Aside from asking if each client is following WorkSafeBC COVID-19 guidelines for construction, we also have procedures a process that ensures workers are healthy before going onto a job site.
We have safety measures in place with respect to several situations that COVID-19 does become exposed to construction sites. Our team is taking the necessary steps and actions to ensure that health and safety are not compromised.
We also ask clients to use our support channel to keep us updated on project status, or if they have any health concerns with the workers that are currently on their job site.
By following all guidelines set by the BC Government and WorkSafeBC’s construction-specific protocols, our team at Faber Connect is focused on a safer and better tomorrow.
Our support team can be reached at 1-888-366-9675 or in the Faber Connect app for clients who would like to speak about what we are doing to operate safely during this time.